Sunday, August 9, 2009

What a day

Today was quite an eventful day. Three seperate (but very important) things happened. Two were just Bryanna being cute, and the other was quite a scare.

1) Bryanna and I walked to the beach today and met up with Travis and a friend. The boys went out on the jetski and the girls (meaning us) hung out on the beach. Bryanna and I were playing in the shallow (very shallow) water, and she kept grabbing handfuls of dirt and putting it in my hand. If my hand wasn't open to catch it, then she would wait. It was sooo adorable. We had a blast though. 

2) This event I did not witness, but Travis told me about it. We found this big beach ball in our driveway a few days ago so we took it and washed it up for Bryanna to play with. Today, she was scootin' around and pushing the ball with her nose. After a little bit, she ran into the couch. Of course, she didn't know what was going on. So she proceeded to push the ball with her nose. Since the ball was obviously not moving, her face got all smooshed up against the ball as she was struggling to make it move. Wish I woulda seen it!

3) Now this is the biggie. Unfortunately, today was the day of the first major/huge accident of Bryanna's life. We just got a new stroller and of course I am completely stoked. As I mentioned previously, we walked to the beach. Bryanna (and mommy) wanted to test out her new ride. We got home, I gave Bryanna a bath, and then took a shower myself. I wanted to do the dishes, but Bryanna is all over the place now-a-days. So I strapped her in her new stroller, put the brakes on, and turned her towards the sink so she could watch me clean the dishes. In the middle of washing a bowl, not even 30 seconds after I started doing the dishes, I heard a *thud*. I turned around and Bryanna was laying face down on the kitchen floor. BALLING! I dropped the bowl and ran to pick her up. Travis walked in the door at that point and was asking what happened. I explained and both me and him consoled Bryanna until she settled down. It only took about a minute and a half and she was ok again. But there was this little red bump on the right side of her head near the hairline. It didn't seem like a normal bump to me because it kind of came to a rounded point. Travis insisted that she was ok, but I wasn't going to settle for that. I called the nurses line and told them what happened and they said since she is under 1 year old that she needs to be seen. I brought her to the hospital, and surprisingly it didn't take long at all to get a room. Usually it's at least a 20 minute wait in the lobby. This time, we got right in. Doc said everything was fine. Her fine motor skills were normal and she was talking, sucking, and giggling like normal. What a relief! Then we waited about 30 minutes to get our discharge papers and we were outta there.

Now I am home. Blogging. Soon to be on the couch watching TV. I'm really hoping I won't have to report anymore incidents like the one above ever again. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh the first real BIG accident...scares the crap right out of you doesn't it? Poor baby girl, so glad she is doing better and nothing too serious happened!

    And cute about the beach ball, that would have been funny to get on camera! Hopefully she will do it again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh yeah. I was freaking out! All is ok now though. And yes, I wish I would have seen the beach ball gig. That would have been hilarious!

    ReplyDelete