Friday, July 3, 2009

The Taste

Well, today was a pretty eventful day. I, myself, worked until 2:00P. Not a bad day at work I must say, but my day always, always, ALWAYS gets better when I come home to my baby girl. She spent the whole day with daddy until I got home. During this 8 hour window from the time I left for work to the time I got home, she had practiced her crawling skills. It is THE cutest thing that I have EVER seen! She struggles soooo much, but she's getting it! Her legs go stick straight, her feet push off the ground, and her arms pull her body forward. Once that phase is done, her arms are then stuck under her tummy. LOL! So she then needs to get her arms out and repeat the process again and again until she has reached her destination (most of the time being a cell phone or remote. Never ever is it a toy). Occasionally she will fall on her side and have to roll back over to her tummy. As I said before, I give it less than a week before her new skills are perfected. Soon enough it'll be hands and knees crawling, standing, walking, talking.... ok I'm getting waaay ahead of myself. No need for me to speed things up, right? Oh! And then there is that one little tooth, making its way out of the gums. It isn't visible yet just looking at her, but if you manage to move her tongue out of the way (not an easy task) and get reaallly close you can definitely see that it is there. The little grooves of the top of the tooth just barely sticking out. Very cute :)

As for this evening, me and Travis took her on a trip to the Taste of Minnesota. It was pretty darn fun. Me and him got some food and we walked all the way around Harriet Island until we reached the entrance/exit gate again. Bryanna was pretty funny. She would just STARE at people as we walked by. She's kind of a creeper LOL! But she's a cute one so it makes up for it! I think she had a ton of fun as well. She didn't do much, but there was plenty of stimulation for her with hundreds and hundreds of people walking around and lots of different stands of stuff to look at. She definitely got her fill of excitement for the day. Of course, she fell asleep in the car on the way home. Our babe was pretty pooped out. All in all - a pretty AWESOME day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment